Two former Google employees, James Damore and David Gudeman have filed a Lawsuit against Google. See here for a copy of the document. James Damore was dismissed from his position at Google because of a memo titled ‘Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber’ (which is exhibited to the Lawsuit). The memo criticised his then employer’s ‘diversity’ policy and suggested that women’s underrepresentation in the science and technology field, may be due to average biological differences between the sexes (original story ).
The allegations include:
- The controversial memo (refer to the original story) was produced after a “Diversity & Inclusion Summit”, which discussed matters such as supposed “white male privilege”.
- Originally the memo was published internally but was leaked by an unknown employee
- Google encouraged threats and harassment against Damore
- Google provided a bonus to an employee for admonishing Damore’s memo
- One employee said that he would continue to hound Damore until one of them was dismissed
- Google employees endorsed political violence by groups like Antifa on Google operated forums (some alleged posts are exhibited)
- Google is systematically biased against white, heterosexual males and against conservatives
Google are yet to respond substantively to the Lawsuit but have said they look forward to defending it.